Try Not To Eat Challenge | Odd Food Pairings
– Okay, that's good.
– That's good.
We ship it.
– (laughs) We ship the cheese and hot chocolate.
♪ (accordion intro) ♪ – (FBE) This video is sponsored by Brookside.
We're sure you've seen some of the very strange food combinations popularized by like celebrities, unique restaurants and adventurous people everywhere.
And so we've actually asked our chef to recreate some of these odd combinationsand one of a kind delectable gourmet dishes.
– Ooh! I like to be open mindedto like try new foods.
– (FBE) This challenge was inspired bythe surprisingly delicious combination of Brookside chocolate, which you'll get to try a little later encouraging you to try new or other surprisingly delicious things.
– I love chocolate! – (FBE) And as always, if you eat any of these foods, you get a point.
For each point you get, your punishment at the end will be slightly worse.
– Oh, okay, so there's a graduallevel of worse-ness.
– I always get major FOMO, 'cause the food that they keep for the very end is usually the one that you want to wait for.
– I don't get that luxury.
I always get the worst punishments, not the greatest foods.
♪ (accordion music) ♪ – (FBE) For the first combination, we've got a peanut butter and onion sandwich.
– Oh no, hell no.
– Wait!Cinnamon raisin bread with onions!? – (FBE) To accentuate the flavor combination.
This food was popularizedby the author Ernest Hemingway.
– I don't know about this.
– (FBE) .
Mount Everest Special.
– I mean that, yeah, right?Like what do we say to that? I think that's the beauty of food, right? Just people can kinda create random things and whatever they want, and it's tailored to their preferences and what works for somedoesn't work for others.
– (FBE) Alright you guys, who wants to give this a try? – Oh my God, that bread looks, that smells so good.
You should smell it.
It's like freshly baked.
– Should I?- Bread.
Whoa, scared me!You went in for that thing.
– You should try it.
– I should? Ugh, I can't say no to you.
(laughs)- Aw! (laughs) (buzzer rings) – Mmm, oh wow! – Is it, yeah.
– I'm pleasantly surprised.
It's like Thanksgiving! – I like peanut butter and banana, that's fun, this is awful.
– Probably won't be super tempted.
(laughs) – Oh no.
– The onions, it's weird that I associate onions with burgers, because I smell a Whopper right now.
That's how strong these onions are.
Oh, now it smells like.
– A locker room.
Get it out of here! – Yeah, we're gonna say no to this.
(Alberto coughs) – It's a bunch of things that I likeand then things that I don't like.
– You know, there's also a visual thing when it comes to food, and I feel like definitely does notmeet that criteria either.
– Sorry Hemingway!I like your books, but not your taste in sandwiches.
♪ (accordion music) ♪ ♪ (soft piano music) ♪ – (FBE) Next up, we've got kiwi and oysters.
– Excuse me?- What? – (FBE) Our amazing chef cooked upa trio of delicious oysters topped with different kiwi concoctions.
A kiwi tropical salsa featuring kiwi, pineapple.
– That actually could be good.
– (FBE) A kiwi ginger mignonette, and kiwi julienne.
– Ooh! (gasps)- (FBE) This may seem odd, but these foods actually havevery similar aromas, which makes them a natural pairing.
– Okay, salsa.
– Yeah, see, that's a little bit better.
– Yeah, I thought it was just gonna belike wrapped in kiwi.
– Yeah, like here you go.
– (FBE) France and New Zealandare just two places where you're likely to see kiwiand oyster dishes.
– Whoa, that actually lookspretty awesome.
– I don't know.
– Like, this looks like one of those kind of foodsthat you pay $10 for just the small little sample.
– Actually this does kinda look good.
– Ooh, they got dry ice on there! Ooh, they made a little lemon thing! – Yeah, honestly, when am I ever gonna have this? – Come on, exactly!- I'm never gonna have this! Okay, so.
– Wow, ASMR.
(buzzer rings)(laughs) – Yo, this is bomb! – Hey, I wanna try it!- Holy crap.
(buzzer rings) (coughs)- Mmm.
– That's really.
– That's actually fire.
– I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it! Here we go, one, two.
(buzzer rings) – Kiwi and oyster.
– I like it.
– I didn't expect it.
– It's texture friendly.
– Yeah, yeah.
(buzzer rings) – Mmm.
– You tell me.
Give me your review, what is that? – This is really good.
You can barely taste the oysters, it's just like a really meaty thing.
– This one, I'm committing to not eating, 'cause it just does not, I know this is not gonna sit well in my stomach.
– I think I kinda wanna passon this one, it's so pretty, I don't wanna touch it.
♪ (accordion music) ♪ – (FBE) Next we have hot chocolatewith cheese.
This combination is especially popularin Colombia.
– Now the hot chocolate looks delicious.
– (FBE) Our chef has selectedan excellent trio of fine cheeses that pair perfectlywith this rich, delicious beverage.
(Brayden moans) – (laughs) What was that? – I am interested, I just think the texture is gonna be really strangeif the cheese like crumbles into, ew, okay, no.
I convinced myself out of it, as I'm saying it.
(Jordan gasps) – (laughs) I'm so excited.
– We're shook right now.
– It smells really good.
– It does smell really good.
I feel like, mmm.
He's giving in, hard pass for me.
I'm good on this one.
(buzzer rings) (laughs) – Oh baby.
The cheese is almost a little melty, so like the thickness of it is starting to like seepacross the chocolate, so the chocolate itself is becominga little richer, a little thicker.
– I'm gonna like do it for the both of us.
– (gasps) Okay! – 'Cause I feel like then I can report to you.
– Okay, okay, let me know, let me know.
– You'll have to do it for mefor something else, okay? – Okay.
– We'll trade off.
– Fair enough.
(buzzer rings) – Oh, okay.
I don't know, there's likea little bit of like saltiness, which is kind of cool, 'cause then it just tastes like.
– Salted caramel.
– Yeah, I love salted caramel.
– Hot chocolate.
– So I'm gonna like, you know what I mean? – (gasps) Oh my God.
You know how to live.
– Ooh, it's very hot.
(buzzer rings)Okay, that's good.
– That's good.
(buzzer rings)- Mmm.
Whoa, my world is changed! We ship it.
– (laughs) We ship the cheeseand hot chocolate.
– You know, when I was watching the video, I thought I could take it, but looking at it, it looks kinda gross, so I'm alright.
– I just feel like it's too basicfor me to lose something to, so I'm gonna pass on this one.
♪ (accordion music) ♪ – (FBE) For our next combination, let's see if you'll be tempted by hot dogs and jelly.
Of course, our chef didn't just slather some grape preserves on a wiener, he made an incredible.
– The way you said wiener was funny.
– (FBE) He made an incrediblehot dog Monte Cristo, complete with cheese, a brioche baguette bun and.
– Uh-uh stop, I'm eating this.
– Yo! – I would literally eat this at home.
– The presentation and all of it is unusual, but this is somethingI think I'd be willing to try.
– Yeah, look at that.
Should I, I don't even wannapretend like I'm not gonna.
Oh, I don't wanna eat, lose! (smacks lips) I don't care, I'm eating it.
This looks so good.
(buzzer rings) – She goes straight in, so fast.
– It's crazy.
– Mmm, mm-hmm, yeah, you gotta try that.
– Yeah, okay.
(buzzer rings)No, this is bomb.
It's kinda like.
– Ugh, the jelly's so good.
– Grapes and cheesewith like a hint of meat.
– Ah! – I can't tell what it smells like!I'm still gonna try it.
(buzzer rings) – I just like have never thoughtof making a hot dog sweet, and I think that aspect of itis new and enticing for me, especially for my taste buds right now.
And I like that, so I'mprobably gonna go home and recreate this and fail miserably, but still trying it.
– You know what?I'm sold.
I wanna try it! (laughs) (buzzer rings)- Oh no.
(buzzer rings) No.
Sorry whoever created that.
I am not a fan.
– This is breakfast!- It's like if you had toast with jam on it.
– Yeah! – And then like had like sausage.
– Like some sausage on the side.
I really like this! I think this is my favorite! (both laugh) – I'm trying this, are you trying this? – I'm not trying this.
– I'm gonna try this! – I'm good off this one.
(buzzer rings) – I'm not necessarily a fan of the jelly, I could've had this jelly-less, but the flavors work together and then the textures.
Now while this is good, I would never order this.
♪ (accordion music) ♪ – (FBE) Our next crazy food combination is bananas and pizza.
Popularized by Swedish eateries, banana curry pizza.
– Did she just say banana curry pizza? – (FBE) Banana curry pizzaand banana ham pizza are two popular favorites.
– Ooh, that dough! – Look at that dough doe.
– (FBE) Each featuring gourmet marinara sauce, a three cheese blend, and both feature black forest ham.
– If I don't like pineapple on my pizza, what makes you thinkI want banana on my pizza? – Same.
However, however, this might work.
– (FBE) So here is your bananasand ham, as well as your bananas and curry pizza.
Banana and, the banana and curry onelooks really good.
– I'm getting that one.
(buzzer rings) – Mmm.
(laughs)Yo, this is fire! Mm-hmm.
That's really good.
It's kinda like desserton top of cheese.
– At first I was not with it, but now I'm just gonna go ahead and just take the L on it.
(buzzer rings) It's like a subtle hint of banana, and that's why I don't hate it, but eh, I wouldn't eat itmore than once.
– I never thought I'd likebanana on pizza so much, 'cause I'm used to eatinglike Hawaiian pizzas with the pineapples in them, but this is way better.
– I'm a little tempted.
– Yeah, you know what? Like, I'm gonna go for the curry one, 'cause that just sounds likean experience.
– Okay, I'm gonna try this one.
– Okay cool.
– Okay, we'll fail together.
– We've got it.
(buzzer rings) Oh.
– That's interesting.
(laughs) The cheese adds like a reallygood flavor to the banana, which is super weird to think about.
– I really liked it.
– I was really hopingthat the look of the pizza would change my mind, and this is exactlywhat I didn't want to see, and this is what I'm seeing.
– And it doesn't have enoughcolor for me.
– I'm gonna say no.
– I'm gonna pass on this one as well.
♪ (accordion music) ♪ – (FBE) And finally, you'll be tryingBrookside.
– I tried this! I love, have you tried this before?It's so bomb.
– Them things are so good.
– (FBE) Brookside dark chocolate.
which combines dark chocolatewith pomegranate, acai.
– I'm a fan!- (FBE) .
and blueberry flavors.
– Oh, that's it, oh okay.
– We love simplicity.
– I am a fan.
– I love these things.
– Oh, we got both flavors? – Is this pomegranate?- Oh my gosh! – Oh yeah, so I'm havingboth of these, okay? Mmm.
(buzzer rings) – Mmm.
– I'm gonna go for these, and then I'm just gonna haveone of those afterwards.
– Exactly, we already lost.
(buzzer rings) – Mmm, oh that's good.
– Maybe what I could do iseat both of them at the same time.
You know, mix these two flavorsand see what it tastes like, 'cause that, I haven't tried before.
(buzzer rings) That's actually really good, 'cause the pomegranate's very sour, and blueberry's sweet, and so together, you just havelike this really nice mix of both.
(buzzer rings) – Mmm.
– That's good.
– That makes it so good.
– Everybody tells methat these are good for me, so I don't feel as bad.
– (laughs) This is the kind of chocolate you get gifted for your birthday, and I'm okay with that.
I tried some great things today, so I'm kinda not mad at the punishment.
– (FBE) So finally, thanks toHershey's and Brookside chocolate, there is actually no punishmentfor this episode, and instead you're gettinga reward! – No!- Bah, mmm, mmm, we won! (laughs)- Are you okay? – Did they take the punishment for us?They took the punishment for us! – Thank you, thank you Hershey's and Brookside.
– Thank you! – (FBE) So since you're brave enoughto try all these combinations.
– Are you kidding? – Brookside is going to be giving you both a month's worth of free chocolate!(both scream) – Yeah!That's what I'm talkin' about! – I was assuming we weregonna have to do something terrible at the end of this, so this just made my day like A, better with no punishment, then they're like “hey candy”, and I'm like “oh hell yeah!” (laughs)- Yeah.
– I am just thankfulthat I'm walking out with a fat W instead of a fat L.
– Hey guys, Ethan here from the REACT Channel, thank you so much to our sponsorHershey's Brookside chocolate for sponsoring today's episode.
To learn more about everythingyou heard in this episode today, click on the links in the description below.
Bye guys! ♪ (accordion music) ♪.